Bengkung is the traditional Malaysian practise of “belly binding”, where a new mother will wrap her abdomen using a long piece of fabric to help with her postpartum recovery. The Mummary has created a beautiful bengkung binder to offer you support, stability and comfort to the muscles, skin and internal organs to repair and bring healing to the postpartum body as you adjust to motherhood. This bengkung kit also includes a herbal warming belly paste to promote faster healing.
Belly binding provides support and stability during the postpartum healing period, as the muscles, skin and organs recover from the natural stresses of childbirth.
The popularity of Bengkung is spreading as new moms from all cultures realise the benefits of the practice.
The Mummary’s Bengkung Bellybinder is not like ordinary postpartum belts
- It helps to slim the ribcage, belly and hips.
- Pulls in the separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) back together.
- Prevents back pain. While wearing it, you are reminded to sit and walk with good posture, a good solution to the “nursing-slouch”.
- Decreases postpartum bleeding time by speeding up the process of getting rid of waste products in the blood in a natural way.
- It’s an ancient traditional natural way of healing after birth.
- It feels amazing!
- During labour and birth the body ‘opens’ up. Using a Bengkung ensures ‘closing up’ again.
- The material is not too stiff or bulky to wear with clothes over.
- The Bengkung is made with 100% cotton muslin fabric, ensuring comfort and breathability.
- Ideally a Bengkung should be tied on day 4-7 after a vaginal birth and 6 weeks after a caesarean birth. Please consult your healthcare provider first.
- They should be worn for a minimum of 4-8 hours daily.
Warming belly paste
The Warming Belly Paste formula is made from a blend of mineral-rich volcanic clay and stimulating spices.
- Boosts circulation & pampers the skin
- Firms the belly skin
- Lightens stretch marks
- Promotes faster healing time
- Packaged in eco-friendly glass
- 1 x Bengkung belly binder wrap
- 1 x Warming Belly Paste
Ingredients & Materials
Bengkung Belly Binder Wrap
100% cotton muslin (dye-free)
Warming Belly Paste
Bentonite clay (aluminium-free), warming spices (cloves, cardamom, cinnamon)
For detailed instructions of how to wrap, visit the following YouTube tutorials:
1. (https://www.youtube.com/results search_query=bengkung+belly+binding+tutorial )
* Please allow 5-10 working days for delivery